Friday, April 15, 2011

To the 'Tea'

Here comes the post finally! This one's special, its my tribute to my dear old 'chai'. I first had it when I was maybe 8 and instantly liked its sugary flavor. After that, every time I was offered a cup of steaming hot tea, I found it difficult to refuse. One sip and one experiences a sudden rush of energy. Whether you are on a 'night-out' studying for exams or have just woken up from a good night's sleep, the chai has the same effect on you, it renews you and prepares you for activity.

While the traditionally made Indian tea still remains my favorite, I do not occasionally mind the flavored teas, black tea, herbal tea etc etc. In North India, you get tea in small mud cups called 'matka' chai. The 'matka' is said to enhance the taste of the chai that it contains. According to me, its a good idea to have tonics and medicinal drinks served in the form of flavored teas. Just enhances their appeal and results in instant acceptance.

The chai has several fans all over the world. And there is no specific time to have a cup of tea. It defies time zones, maybe has transcended time too. Am I exaggerating too much ? Not really, it just means I need to reach out to my next cup of tea..slluurrp !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.